Well, It's been almost a year since I have last posted. I always think about it but never do it, kind of like writing in a journal. Anyways I will try to hit on the most important things that have happened since the last post and hope that you don't get bored to tears.
As many of you know we added a member to our family in October 2009. Amelia Maycie Harmon. She has been such blessing. She is so beautiful and has such personality. It has been so much fun watching her grow and become her own self. These are definitely the times that are most sacred to my heart. It has been a challenge for Hadley to find her new place once Amelia has arrived. She has struggled when all the attention was not on her. I don't remember her being this way before Amelia was born, she was so independent. We have had to all readjust to make sure Hadley is always given the attention she deserves and needs and she has come around. She now talks to Amelia and plays with her and I can tell that there is genuine love in her heart for her sister. Keyton has been wonderful to Amelia. Afraid of her more than anything. He doesn't want to do anything that may hurt her so he is very cautious as always. We all love Amelia and the joy she has brought to our lives so far and are excited for the things to come.
Hadley has been in dance all year long and as really taking a liking to it. Tara that I work with is her teacher and she loves her so much. Hadley always talks about Miss Tara. They had a competition in IF in March. At first I felt that 3-4 year olds were a little young for a competition but they where all so cute and did really well. You would never know by looking st her that she is one of the youngest in her class. She is so tall and acts like she could be going into kindergarten. I asked the school if they would take her early but unfortunately legally she had to be five. Imagine that!!!
Keyton is in kindergarten and will be going into first grade in August. I can't believe that he is already at this stage in his life. Kindergarten was a challenge for him. Many of you know that he is like is mother in the respect that I like my bubble. A lot of change is not necessary in my life. I am comfortable with what I know. Keyton is very much the same way and going to a new school with new people and lots of them was a little scary for him but he has worked through it and m now really enjoys school and looks forward to the first grade. He will even be riding the bus.....Whoot Whoot! He has come along way, he even wants to play flag football this summer so here's to hoping.....oh yeah and Hadley is excited to be Keyton's cheerleader.
We are excited for summer to be here so we can start our camping adventures. We will be putting our new camper that we bought at the end of the season last year to good use. Both Doug's and I's family have campers as well so it is fun to get together and camp. We will be going to Mackay again this year for the traditional Orchard reunion in June. It will be a lot of fun this year(not that it hasn't in the past) there are so many little ones that will be running around. Lots of cousins. We had 7(I hope I didn't miss any)babies born in 2009 and then Halle that is 15 months. It seemed that for the longest time Doug and I were the only ones with little ones now they have come like wildflowers. It is so fun and I am glad that my children will have a lot of family around on both our sides of the family now.
Just for a future note, I am becoming a little domesticated. I know Ha Ha but it's not a joke. I have been dabbling in a few things and I would like to see if I can venture into selling some of these items. Some of you know that I have been makng hair bows for Hadley and my nieces for years and I really enjoy making them but I have now and found a new obsession with ruffle skirts. I have made one for Hadley and it turned out so adorable that I am dying to make more. Obviously Hadley does not need that many skirts so I am going to try and fulfill my addiction by selling them. I have also started making leg warmers for Amelia. They have been so nice and handy especially since the weather is not coroporating much these days. I just throw on a onsie or a dress and some leg warmers and call it good. They keep her little legs warm and they are so nice for diaper changing. I am going to be selling the skirts for $25, bows will vary based on type(some are more time consuming than others) and the leg warmers for $8. I will post the ones I have done and if you would like some or if you know someone who would like them let me know. I can take requests the best I can. If there are sepcific colors that you would like let me know and I will do my best. I will post some pictures shortly of the items I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment