I lost a great and important man in my life. My grandpa passed away the end of July. Death as horrible as it is I think it helps us put the real perspective on things. My Grandpa was a wonderful man. He did alot of amazing things in his life and no matter what he did he did it with dignity and honor. The world would be a better place if there were more people like him in it.
Some of you may know what my Brother and his family have been going thought this past year but for those of you that don't here is the spill and an update. Katie, who is 8 was having episodes where she was passing out. They took her to the Dr. and after test they diagnosed her with Long GT Syndrome. This is a genetic disorder. I am not the expert on it but from what I understand it is when the heart goes off beat and can cause cardiac arrest. They then tested Liz(Katie's mother) and she was the carrier. After more genetic testing they found that Katie had type1 and 3. Type 1 is exercised induced and type three is when they have no symptoms at all, they just go into cardiac arrest. They then started the testing on the other 3 children and while they were waiting for the results to come back(the test results take months to come back) Katie had to have a defibrillator put in to monitor her heart and to correct the beats where needed. When the test came back both the boys had type 3. The Dr. are saying that they are the rarest case of LQT that they have ever seen. Since Liz is only the carrier of the type 1 they are now going to start testing Jason(my brother) to see if it is coming from my side as well. If so than myself, my kids, my sister and her kids, and my other brother and his kids are all at risk and will have to be tested as well. In my heart I really feel that we will be fine but it is scary to think about. As a mother the most important things to me is that my kids are happy and healthy and learn to be good people and I defiantly want them to live longer than me.
On a much lighter note we have also had alot of fun this month. Keyton turned 6 and had is 1st friend party. They had so much fun and I love seeing Keyton laugh and have fun with his friends. We went camping in boating in Bear lake again this year. This is the best place to go with kids. They just play for hours on end. We had to drag the from the beach everyday to eat and sleep. Next year though we will be better planners and reserve a spot so we are not in the overflow. It is tough to put little ones to sleep at night when everyone around you is partying till the wee hours. I am not as young as I used to be for sure!
I don't want to see summer go but I am looking forward to September. My sister is coming to visit for a week. I love it when she comes. I wish the whole family could come but airfare is so expensive. It is just nice to hang out with her. I am so glad we have the relationship we do even though we are miles away!
With all the sad and fun things that happen from day to day it does seems that as I get older and the busier I get, it is easy to forget to take the time for the things that matter. I just have to remember the real reason I am here for. To be a good mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, or whatever else crosses my path but of above all else....to be a good person! Life is what we make of it and so far life is good. I have a great husband, kids, family and career. I am so blessed!
Just some miscellaneous pics for your enjoyment........









No comments:
Post a Comment